Photography Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvements

2 posters

Go down

Improvements Empty Improvements

Post by travis_cooper Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Okay, so since I have started this forum we have a lot more members, but things have actually been slowing down. I am the first to admit that I haven't been participating as much as I could be lately. I am going to make a commitment to try harder in submitting, and commenting on the pictures for each of the challenges.

So my question to all of you is, how can we make things better? I see a trend where people will sign up, participate in a few challenges, and then we don't see them again. What can be done to entice people to keep participating? What ideas do you have for getting new people to join? As part of that question it would definitely be helpful if you would tell people about this site. Talk about it in other forums, tell people that you know about it. Anything that you can do to spread the word would be helpful.

I really enjoy running this forum, but when I see only a few people participating each week I sometimes wonder if it is even worth my time. If there were more people I wouldn't question this, but it seems like I'm putting a lot of effort into this and there aren't enough people taking advantage of it to make it worth my time.

I guess I just want some feedback from everybody as to whether or not this is something worth keeping up. If so, what can I do to make things better? And what can we all do to get more people involved, both current members that haven't been around for a while, and new members?
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Admin

Male Number of posts : 566
Challenge Participation :
Improvements Left_bar_bleue24 / 10024 / 100Improvements Right_bar_bleue

Ribbons :
blue red yellow
Registration date : 2008-01-11

http://photographytutorial101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Improvements Empty Re: Improvements

Post by megevans Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Travis,
I always intend to be more involved on this forum, but then the weeks zip by and I realize Monday afternoon that I failed to submit something for the challenge. I think this forum is a great idea, and I guess as with a lot of things, people are excited and gung ho at first, but then just drop off when life becomes busy, they lose interest, etc.

I really want to be more involved. I think it's great to get feedback on my pictures and I learn a lot from the people who participate.

I'm not sure what the answer is to generating more involvement, but I definitely think this forum is worth keeping up.

megevans
Little Click

Female Number of posts : 27
Improvements Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Improvements Right_bar_bleue

Ribbons :
yellow
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.inksprouts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Seeing how nobody really responded to this, do you really even care that this thing is around? It is starting to become a pain for me to manage. I guess if somebody really wants it to keep going let me know and I can set you up as the admin and you can do with it whatever you want. If not I think I'm going to get rid of it. If it was something that more people were taking advantage of I'd keep it around, but it seems like it only helps a few people. If I haven't really heard anything back by the end of this challenge then I'll just be deleting this sometime Monday.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Admin

Male Number of posts : 566
Improvements Left_bar_bleue24 / 10024 / 100Improvements Right_bar_bleue

Ribbons :
blue red yellow
Registration date : 2008-01-11

http://photographytutorial101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by megevans Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Travis,
Sorry you haven't received much response from the others about the forum. I have enjoyed participating. I will be disappointed if you decide to discontinue it, but I understand the time you have put into it and it's frustrating if you don't get more involvement from everyone. Bummer, since I was just committed to participating again, too!

megevans
Little Click

Female Number of posts : 27
Improvements Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Improvements Right_bar_bleue

Ribbons :
yellow
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.inksprouts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content