Getting New Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting New Members

Post by travis_cooper on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 pm

I realize that this forum is pretty new and it is growing, just too slowly for my tastes. I have been trying to think of ways to get more people to join, and participate. I think that having more entries in the challenges will be good, and having enough people to keep the message boards moving would be good too. I have been trying to do things to increase the ranking the site gets for major search engines. With photography challenge as the search term the site is fluctuating between the second and third pages at google, it is the third hit on msn, and I can't seem to find it on yahoo yet.

I actually think word of mouth will be the most helpful thing we can do to get more people. So if you would like to see more members, please let people know about this site. There are a lot of beginners on here, so feel free to tell your friends who are just starting out. If you belong to other places that have a lot of photography interests, you might be able to tell them about this site too. Any other suggestions? I think that things are going well now, but if we only have a small group who regularly submits for challenges there may come a time when a few don't get a shot in that week and all of a sudden we don't have very many pictures.

Anyway, if you could please help me spread the word that would be great, I would really appreciate it. I think it will make things here more enjoyable for everybody.

travis_cooper
Admin

Male Number of posts : 566
Challenge Participation :
24 / 10024 / 100

Ribbons :
blue red yellow
Registration date : 2008-01-11

View user profile http://photographytutorial101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting New Members

Post by sheryl on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:09 am

have you thought about contacting the photography teachers in the area and letting them know about this sight? If they like it I know they will pass information on to students.

sheryl
Welcome Me

Number of posts : 2
Challenge Participation :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top