Photography Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Read Challenge Rules!

2 posters

Go down

Please Read Challenge Rules! Empty Please Read Challenge Rules!

Post by travis_cooper Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Here are the challenge rules that will apply to all weekly challenges. Since I am running this forum through a free hosting service we have limited amount of space for pictures. I will try to keep as many pictures from previous challenges as we have space for. To help with this there will be a limit to the size of pictures you upload. You can't upload anything larger than 640 pixels on either side, so width or height, and it must be under 120 MB. This will mean that we can have more pictures uploaded for our limited amount of space.

To upload your pictures just go to the gallery under the challenges category and there should be a button to upload your picture. Just upload it to the challenges, which should be the default, section. Please give your picture a title and any description you would like. The picture won't be visible since I need to approve it first, and when I do approve it I will move it into a hidden album anyway, so you won't be able to see submissions until the voting starts. You may have up to 2 entries per challenge. If you do submit 2 entries, the entries must be significantly different from each other. I will determine if I think the pictures are different enough, and will let you know through PM if I have approved them, or if a change needs to be made. At any time during the submission period you are welcome to submit replacement pictures, just make sure to PM me letting me know so I can get rid of a previous picture to replace it with a newly submitted one.

All entries must be taken during the challenge time period. You may not submit pictures that were taken previous to the challenge date, I will be checking the EXIF data on each submission to make sure it was taken during the challenge time period.

The next weeks challenge will be posted sometime Monday night, at that time the submissions for the previous week will also be posted for viewers to start voting. All submissions must be made by noon on Monday, Mountain time. This will give me enough time to make sure that I can get everything up and running by the night.

I don't care how much post processing you do, that is entirely up to you. The voters will need to decide if your picture is good enough to merit a high score.

When voting is open you will be able to rate each picture on a 1-10 scale and you will also be able to leave a comment to help the photographer out. Please remember we are here to help each other so please comment as much as you can, I know this is time consuming, just do your best. We all like to receive comments on our shots, but that takes other people to leave them, so keep that in mind. Also, you aren't allowed to vote on your own submission, so please don't. I don't have a way to stop you from doing it right now, but I will notice if you vote on your own and will ask you to remove your vote.

Last edited by travis_cooper on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Admin

Male Number of posts : 566
Challenge Participation :
Please Read Challenge Rules! Left_bar_bleue24 / 10024 / 100Please Read Challenge Rules! Right_bar_bleue

Ribbons :
blue red yellow
Registration date : 2008-01-11

http://photographytutorial101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Please Read Challenge Rules! Empty Re: Please Read Challenge Rules!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:11 am

I do not know how to make sure I include the EXIF info...

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:47 am

smurfett wrote:I do not know how to make sure I include the EXIF info...

If your camera stores that information it will automatically be there, unless you specifically strip it out. If you use PS(photoshop) then be careful not to use the resize for web option when resizing, because that will strip out all your EXIF data. If you want to try it out, just upload a picture and send me a PM telling me to test it out. I will be able to tell if it has the EXIF data pretty quick, then I'll just delete it and PM you letting you know what I found.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Admin

Please Read Challenge Rules! Left_bar_bleue24 / 10024 / 100Please Read Challenge Rules! Right_bar_bleue

Ribbons :
blue red yellow

Back to top Go down

Please Read Challenge Rules! Empty image size

Post by Judith Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Could you please confirm image size I am seeing 'not more than 120mgb' is this correct/ (seem rather large in relation to #of pixels per side)

Judith
Welcome Me

Female Number of posts : 4
Please Read Challenge Rules! Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Please Read Challenge Rules! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Please Read Challenge Rules! Empty Size

Post by Judith Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:09 pm

O.K., now I have read the rest of the postings I know that there was a typo re 'size'. I have just spent an hour going back to basics to avoid that 'saving for web' wipe-out for exif info. One other question, are gif images allowed? One of my challenges in post camera work is that I use Photo Impact, takes me a while to 'translate' tut steps into PI.

Judith
Welcome Me

Female Number of posts : 4
Please Read Challenge Rules! Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Please Read Challenge Rules! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:39 pm

The entries must be less than 120 MB in size, and the longest edge has to be 640 pixels or less. I don't care if you use gif, as long as they can be uploaded and I can read the EXIF data. I will warn you however that I haven't tried to upload gif's or see the EXIF data with the program I use on them, so it would be better if you just used jpg instead so you can be sure it will work.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Admin

Ribbons :
blue red yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down